Life is short. The rest of your life starts today. Did you know that less than one person in five is flourishing according to positive psychology? Why not make this year the year in which you start flourishing? Do not wait any longer! Take action now and start to live the life of your dreams.
Are you one of those people around me for whom the feeling of stress, overload and being in a perpetual race is predominant? My impression is that it has even become ‘normal’ for some of us. Is this normal? I invite you to stop reading for a second now and take a breath – and smile (even if you don’t feel happy right now!). Because you can turn the wheel around and start flourishing now if you wish.
To live life fully, to craft a Brilliant Life, three things are essential:
- A vision: you must have a picture in your mind and know how exactly a Brilliant Life looks like.
- You must know your big WHY (or whys), in other words, what your Life’s Purpose is.
- Make choices. This means saying YES to certain things that are the priority, the things, people and activities that matter most – and saying NO to other things (even if you fancy doing them as well).
To be flourishing now simply choose
In every situation, you have the following three choices: you can love it, change it or leave it.
‘Love it’ means changing your attitude, perceptions, expectations about a situation.
The option ‘change it’ requires a different kind of action; you actually want to figure out and take steps to alter the circumstances.
The third option – ‘leave it’ – is not always the ‘easy way out’ but sometimes the wisest choice to make.
I say this because as a highly sensitive person you are conscientious. As you are empathic and stick to your word and your commitments (things you promised to others especially) it’s not easy to consider the option to just turn around, let go and step away. (If you are facing a difficult choice and consider leaving right now watch this – singing along may help further).
Then, of course, you must be clear about what brings you joy, love and meaning, the three main ingredients of a Brilliant Life.
This short video The Holstee Manifesto: Lifecycle Video summarizes these thoughts in a magnificent way. And it reminds me of three things I love to do and I do often: ride my bike, laugh with friends and eat ice cream 😉
(If you don’t want to watch it, you can read the text at the end of this post)
Do you lead a fulfilling life?
Today is the beginning of the rest of your life. And you do not know how many days, months and years you have left. This reality can depress or scare us.
The fact that you are mortal may instead motivate you to think about and journal around these questions:
- What would you really like to have done, seen and achieved in this life? You can download a guide to create your own Bucket List here.
- Which activities and which people bring you real happiness?
- Do you live according to your values?
- Do you know and apply your top strengths and do you use your talents and live up to your potential?
Don’t wait – start flourishing now…
It’s easy. All you need to do ist to:
a) decide and
b) commit to crafting a Brilliant Life now!
I can show you ways to get easily into the flow and make smart choices in your business and your life.
This Blog is packed with information to empower you in cultivating a wealth of strengths and strategies to „adopt the positive“.
The Holstee Manifesto
Do what you love and do it often.
If you don’t like something, CHANGE it.
If you don’t like your job, QUIT.
If you don t have enough time, stop doing stuff you don’t like.
If you are looking for the love of your life, stop; s/he will be waiting for you when you start doing things you LOVE.
Stop overanalysing, life is SIMPLE.
When you eat, appreciate EVERY last bite.
Open your mind to NEW things and NEW people.
TRAVEL often; getting LOST will help to FIND yourself.
Some opportunities only come once, SEIZE them.
Life is about the people you meet and the things you create with them, so go out and start CREATING.
Life is short. Live your DREAM and share your passion.
Please share this article using the buttons below. Thanks!
- Alanis Morissette Helps To Cope With Corona - 12/04/2020
- How to Find Time to Pursue Happiness - 20/02/2020
- Smart Woman If Things Get Really Tough: Trust Life - 19/01/2020